Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm in love with yarn wreaths!


 
Yarn wreaths are all over the internet right now and I LOVE them! They are so super easy to make and they don't cost a lot to make. All you need is:


foam wreath
yarn scraps
various fabric scraps
buttons
felt
ribbon
whatever works for you and your design

*Glue or tape your yarn to your wreath and start wrapping

*Your wreath can be one color or multiple colors. either way looks cute! Keep wrapping, wrapping, wrapping!  I like to put a little glue on the back of mine to secure the end of the yarn

*Start adding your embellishments! Yoyos, felt flowers, buttons, trinkets. anything that goes with your theme. You can hold your pieces in place with glue or stick pins.  I like to use colorful stick pins.  That way, if I want to change the look of my wreath, I can just take out the pins and add new embellishments!

Hang it up!



I absolutely LOVE these, as you can tell! If you don't want to make one, there are several shops on Etsy that sell them.  Above all, my favorite is KnockKnocking.  Here's just a peek of what they have to offer:


Stop by her shop or follow her blog

Have a GREAT day!!!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome tutorial!!! I love the little one with the skunk on it at the bottom!!! Super CUTE!!! you are just so crafty...like a fox!

    ReplyDelete