Thursday, January 21, 2010

Today's a good enough day to start!

Hi!!! I guess I'll start blogging today. I've been putting it off for so long and I just need to get going already! For my first post, I'd like to tell a little about myself, my family, and my business.
I am a 31 wife, mother, daughter, sister, crafter. I have a wonderful husband that I've been married to for almost 10 years. He supports everything I do no matter what and he never says "I told you so". I have 2 sweet and sassy little girls, 2 and 5. Everything that I do involves them and how it affects their lives. I love being a mom. It's super hard at times but I wouldn't change it for anything. There's nothing like getting excited about Yo Gabba Gabba and U-6 soccer games. If it makes them happy, it makes me happy! I have a couple of great parents who also support me and my crazy ideas. They have always been there (even throught the rough years) and I know I can always count on them. I have a sister that I love cooking up wild ideas with. We encourage and support each other's ideas and I'm so glad that we don't still hate each other like we did when we were younger! I also have a sweet little nephew who's 1. It's nice to have a little boy in the family! Finally, I'm a crafter. I love to create. I love to dream up ideas. I love to try new techniques. I love to sew, crochet, knit, just about anything!

I am the proud owner of a small little business called Pink Checkers Design. I make custom, hand-stamped sterling silver jewelry and keepsakes. I love it! It never gets old because every piece is different. I've been stamping for about a year and it has been a great year! I've done a few craft shows and plan on doing several more this year. I love hearing the stories from my customers when they order a piece. Sometimes it's a meaningful song lyric, sometimes it's a memorial of sorts, or names and dates, or funny sayings.

People sometimes ask where the name Pink Checkers came from and it's a cute little story. My 5 year old loves to play pretend and she loves to have pretend names. Her name is always Ariel. I think she really would like to be a mermaid. She asks about them all the time and she has the red hair just like Ariel. Anywho, she gave me the name Pink Checkers. I don't know why or how she came up with it, but I loved it. I thought this would be a cute way to keep that memory alive.

The purpose of this blog for me it to: 1)get my name out there for my business 2)promote other moms and women who have great ideas and 3)show my love for handmade.

Please check back often. I plan on posting several times a week with tutorials and fun ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you don't still hate me toon :O)Love the blog!!! You Rock!!! *TOBY KEITH!!! *ROCK HANDS*

    ReplyDelete