Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Family Rules!

I love reading Tatertots and JelloJen has some of the best home craft projects that I've ever seen!  She's super talented and I have saved a lot of her projects for the future!  One of the projects I've had my eye one is this 
I think this would look so cute hanging up in my house. 
If you would like to try your own, the tutorial can be found here at The Pleated Poppy

Lindsey has a great blog!  She has a lot of ideas for repurposing things, which I love!  I love what she did with this old door
Seriously???  How awesome is that?  Needless to say, I've been on the lookout for an old door!

Anyway, back to my Family Rules canvas.  I started on it yesterday and got a lot of it finished.
I painted my canvas and drew my lines to kind of keep my different papers straight.  I used an 18"x20" canvas.  You could use whichever size worked for your space.
I gathered all my scrapbook paper, letter stickers, paper trimmer, mod podge.  I cut my paper different sizes (2", 1.5" and 1")  to make it fun-looking!  I'll probably add some rickrack and other ribbons before it's over to jazz it up a little, too.  I just haven't made it that far!
I mod podged my papers down and here's where I'm at so far.  It looks really bad right now and I'm going to work on it today and, hopefully, I'll get it finished and post some pics later today. 
I'm still thinking about what my "rules" are going to be.  Here's what I have so far:
1.  Use nice words
2. Be kind to each other
3.  Clean up your messes
4. Be creative
5. Give hugs, kisses, and eskimo kisses
6.  Turn off the TV
7.  Use your manners
8.  Say I Love You
9.  Sing silly, dance often
10.  Help each other

Those are pretty good rules, I think!
What would some of your rules say?

I'll post pics of my finished canvas later!
Have a great day!
DeAndra


1 comment: