Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pinchushion Loves

I'm participating in a pincushion swap over at Freckled Nest.  I have to get mine out to my swap partner this by this weekend and, wouldn't you know, I've waited till the last minute!  Luckily, it doesn't take long to whip up a pincushion.  I can't decide what kind I want to make and that's what's holding me up.  I've made some in the past that look like this
It was a free pattern from Heather Bailey.  It's simple and fast.  I thought I'd like to try something new with this swap, though.  I saw a really cute tutorial this morning for this
Teacup Pincushion from MMMCrafts.  I'd like to try it but I don't want to risk shipping it and it get broken.  This will probably be a later project! 
This is a cute one, too.  It's from Happy Together and here's the tutorial.
If I hadn't gotten such a late start, I would have probably tried this one:
I'm crazy over anything that looks like a mushroom!  This would take me forever with all the embroidery on it.  But I can dream, I guess!  Here's the tutorial for this from The Little House By The Sea.
Oh, and how stinkin' cut is this?
Tutorial from Goody Goody Handmade
and last but not least,
this cute hedgehog.  The pattern can be found here.

Okay, now I need to get to work!  This hedgehog is calling me.  I think he may end up being the winner!  I'll let you know!

Have a great day!
DeAndra

p.s.  Don't forget about the giveaway going on until Saturday.  Find it here!

1 comment:

  1. ahh I love those pin cushions! Im sad I missed the pin cushion swap! :(
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete